1. What is the main goal/objective of the organization or group? in what ways do members try to achieve their goals?
The main goal of The Independent Media Center is ” a network of collectively run media outlets for the creation of radical, accurate, and passionate tellings of the truth. We work out of a love and inspiration for people who continue to work for a better world, despite corporate media’s distortions and unwillingness to cover the efforts to free humanity.”
2. From their self-presentation on website, how do you think this group is organized and makes decision?
Their self-presentation on website is from receiving almost 1.5 million hits as they spread their message across the web. How do you think this group is organized and makes decision? Indymedia is currently developing a global decision-making process that will enable all IMCs to make decisions that affect the whole network. The current proposal is for Indymedia to form a “global spokescouncil” that will confirm decisions on global Indymedia issues that local IMCs have made through their own decision-making processes.”
3. What is the main goal/objective of the organization or group? In what ways do members try to achieve their goals?
Indymedia strives to empower people to become the media by presenting honest, accurate, powerful independent reports. The goals vary between all the leaders of this organization but one vague long-term goal is to “foster and facilitate the development of as much independent media as possible around the world.”
The organization provides up-to-the-minute reports, photos, audio and video footage through its website as well as its own newspaper, distributed throughout Seattle and to other cities via the internet, as well as audio segments, transmitted through the web and radio.
4. As far as you can tell: who are the members of this group? Who can join, and how?
The organization is made up of various independent and alternative media organizations and activists.
5. Would you join this group; why or why not?
I would not personally join this group because I do not have any interest in their cause but that does not take away from the fact that I think they’re work is valiant. I just am not a journalist or an activist.